Last updated on 2022-07-18
4.1 Add a Site
You must register your site before you can enter experiment data.
- Click on “My Sites” in the Monitor My Watershed main menu.
- Click on the “Register a new site” button.
- Fill out the data fields for your site. Most of these should have been recorded on your Rock Pack Field Data Sheet.
- Site code: enter a brief and unique text string to identify your site (e.g., “DEL_PHIL”)
- Site name: enter a brief but descriptive name for your site (e.g., “Delaware River near Phillipsburg”)
- Site type: leave at the default setting of “Stream.”
- Stream name
- Major watershed and sub-basin: you can use Model My Watershed, another tool in the WikiWatershed Toolkit, to find your watershed and sub-basin.
- Closest town
- Notes (optional)
- Latitude and longitude: enter your lat/long in decimal degrees OR zoom in on the map, click to place a pin at your deployment location, and the lat/long will be auto-generated.
- Elevation and elevation datum: auto-generated from your lat/long.
- Click the “Register Site” button.
4.2 Edit a Site
- Click on “My Sites” in the Monitor My Watershed main menu. Scroll down to find the site you’d like to edit. Click on the site code to go to the site details page.
- Once on the site page, click the blue “Edit” button.
- Edit your site data and click the “Save Edits” button.
4.3 Delete a Site
- Click on “My Sites” in the Monitor My Watershed main menu. Scroll down to find the site you’d like to delete. Click on the site code to go to the site details page.
- Click the red delete button above the map to delete the site.